|Benefits:||Temp to Hire|
Responsible for the sewing/manufacturing of Outdoor Research Products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to OR operational policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Achieve and maintain standards for quality of work.
- Maintain efficiency ratint according to standards defined by production control manager.
- Offer suggestions to improve processes and efficiency.
- Meet deadlines for sewing products as defined by production supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete all production paperwork as defined by production supervisor.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- One or more years experience in sewing and operating small machines. Experience in manufacturing sewing desired. Excellent detail orientation, ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to work with an ethnically and culturally diverse workforce. Ability and willingness to work in cooperation with members of the department to accomplish shared goals (i.e. teamwork and communication).
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions. Ability to communicate in native language and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- No certificates, licenses or registrations needed at this time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit while using machines; use hands to finger, handle or feel when sewing, reach for fabrics, and talk or hear to communicate with co-workers. The employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision while sewing, color vision for identifying fabric, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus when sewing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles from fabrics while working. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Design, Quality Control
- This position primarily interacts with the following external departments or agencies: None
Machines, Tools, and Equipment Utilized:
- Cover stitch sewing machine
- Single needle sewing machine
- Double needle sewing machine
- Cup stitch sewing machine
- Scissors or small sewing knife
- Needle and thread
- Program machines
NOTICE: In addition to the above responsibilities, all employees are expected to use company time conscientiously and comply with departmental attendance standards. The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. The employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
DISCLAIMER: Job profiles are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts, working conditions or similar behaviors, attributes or requirements associated with a job. A job profile is intended for the purpose of acquainting a person with a brief overview of the position's general direction and scope.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.