Product Developer - Apparel
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
To support the Technical Designer and Product Manager in the development of new products from initial design concept through to the final production tech packs.
- To establish detailed / accurate design & material specifications for all products
- To prepare and maintain seasonally accurate tech pack documents for every product in the line (Detail design sketches, materials part lists, measurement charts, sewing instructions, care/content details, packaging/hang tag/UPC coding info).
- To develop and maintain seasonally accurate style master file and costing information
- To critique all proto, sales, & pre-production samples against the tech pack specifications for fit, sewing quality, design accuracy, and functionality.
- To eliminate errors and delays by proactively communicating with contractors, Outdoor Research Purchasing department, and raw material suppliers during the entire development process.
- Submit, review, and approve all color lab dips.
- To complete the development of product specifications against the agreed design and development process and timelines on time, in full and accurate.
- Product Manager: To execute development of products based on the product brief, and target costing.
- Designer: To provide technical skill and resource to achieve successful development of the design idea for featuring, fit, fabrication, and sewing construction
- Pattern Maker: Co-ordinate on development of new patterns, and the fit review of all development samples
- Sample Sewer: Co-ordinate on review of in-house development samples
- Purchasing: To supply with relevant product specification, style coding, and costing information according to the corporate product development timeline.
- Marketing: Supply technical feature information for use in trade / consumer communication tools. Proof read for accuracy, for any on-product communication (e.g. hangtags, labels).
- Well organized
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate with ability to use Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Technical apparel / accessory creation skills
- Competent in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with PDM or related tech pack system (preferred)
- Understanding of the outdoor sports markets and trends
- Apparel / technical accessory manufacturing
- User / consumer level awareness of outdoor products
- Assertive / tenacious
- Self-starter / problem solver
- Strong attention to details
- Enthusiastic with a youthful mindset
- Able to work /communicate in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Technical training or factory experience in apparel / accessories product design / development
- Active in outdoor sports (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of related industry experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.