|Benefits:||Full Time Benefits|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Outdoor Research is an independently owned company staffed by people who truly love the outdoors and the outdoor lifestyle, and for the past ten years we've been one of the fastest-growing companies in the outdoor industry. In 2012 we're adding many new, exciting jobs at our Seattle, Wash. headquarters. So if you'd like to work for a rapidly growing, privately held outdoor company staffed by true outdoors people and located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, apply for a job at Outdoor Research. |
The Web Manager will be responsible for overseeing development, management and operations for internal and external web platforms. This role will partner with Marketing for front end design and will be responsible for coordination work with partner organizations. The Web Manager must have a strong understanding of the back-end platforms with ‘suitability to task' awareness. Keen awareness of web marketing tools and capabilities; as well as an understanding the need for ‘real-time' 24x7 eCommerce operations, (and applying solutions that are focused on this need), will be critical to the success of this role.
- Support for Enterprise eCommerce platform based upon Magento Enterprise.
- •Work with Marketing to develop and implement site content and graphics including collaboration with internal Marketing Director, Creative Manager, copywriter and graphic designers; designing images, icons, banners, video, social media integration, and other front end efforts.
- Upgrades sites by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Maintains collaboration activities with Marketing department, developing and releasing campaigns and utilizing latest capabilities to track and manage campaign success.
- Keeps systems operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; engaging support teams as needed.
- Relationship building within the organization to ensure operational needs are met with appropriate technology solutions. Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality and usability.
- Operational support for Microsoft IIS and Apache including: System tuning; Log extraction / interpretation; Security / vulnerability patching
- • Operational knowledge of MailChimp and Power Reviews helpful.
- HTTP, CSS, and PHP, FBML, Perl, VB scripting development skills
- •Architectural understanding of web operations as well as core infrastructure and services: Windows, Linux, DNS, SSL, SVN, certificate management, etc.
- •Technical operations understanding for Windows and Linux server environments
- Technical operations for ‘cloud based' virtual environments and integration with SaaS vendors and products.
- Technical understanding of network infrastructure and network services.
- •Documenting, developing and enforcing IT policies and procedures.
- Protects sites by designing and installing security precautions within audit compliance guidelines.
- •Maintaining solutions within auditable measures for Payment Card Industry compliance.
- Core OS tuning for web operations including: Linux - Red Hat / Centos; Windows - Server 2008; Security fundamentals for web operations
- MySQL, MSSQL experience with web application support and troubleshooting
- •Web analytics extraction / interpretation.
- • Prepares sites by installing and configuring server software; installing necessary frameworks using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
|Qualifications:||Technical Skills and Requirements |
- Technology certifications from Microsoft, RedHat CE or CompTIA Linux+.
- 5+ years Development experience.
- •3+ years Web Marketing Experience.
- 3+ years System Administration .
- 3+ years PCI audit and compliance experience.
- 3+ years LAMP support .
- 3+ years Managing developers, (in-house and out-sourced)
- 2+ years Magento Enterprise experience.
- 2+ years project management and promoting process improvement.
- Industry experience in Apparel, Manufacturing, Warehousing a plus.
- Our operations are growing so some out-of-hours support will be required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.