Grassroots Community Coordinator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Outdoor Research Marketing Department is in place to develop, maintain, promote and evolve the global company, brand and products. The Grassroots Community Coordinator will develop a strong network of engaged, active leaders through the continued refinement of the Grassroots Athlete program. In addition, the Grassroots Community Coordinator will be expected to manage the majority of Outdoor Research’s national event presence – from logistics, planning, travel to execution – and will assist with all local and regional events as well. The Grassroots Community Coordinator is enthusiastic and has strong to exceptional involvement in Outdoor Research’s core sports.|
- Responsible for the development and management of the Grassroots Athlete program – including regular communication, bi-annual ordering process, quarterly reporting, yearly check-ins and contract negotiations, if necessary.
- Engaging the Grassroots Athletes in dialogue across all major Social Media platforms, blogs, forums and other community sites to help grow OR’s presence in these communities.
- Management of the Grassroots Regional coordinators in Jackson, WY and Burlington, VT Responsible for reporting product feedback to the design team twice a year and give input as needed. Plan, manage and attend grassroots events as needed or directed – may include large national events such as: Ouray Ice Fest, Red Rock Rendezvous, AT Trail Days, Vertfest
- Be engaged with Social Media to help enhance event and Grassroots Athlete programs.
- Responsible for overseeing sponsorship inquiries and making recommendations on pertinent inquiries.
- Uphold the Outdoor Research brand, do justice to the products we build, our employees and heritage by always leaving athletes, events participants and industry contacts with a great impression of OR and one that is consistent with our other marketing materials and programs.
- 4 year degree in marketing or equivalent experience working on broad market strategies and initiatives within the outdoor industr
- Strong experience managing out-of-house personnel or associates such as: athletes, vendors, event planners, media, tour operators or guide services
- Capacity for tracking and oversight of budget items assigned to position
- Knowledge of and experience using all major Social Media platforms
- Video editing skills is a huge plus
- Totally entrenched and passionate participant in OR’s Core Sports, including climbing, skiing, hiking, backpacking, and paddling
- A clean driving record
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.