Product Developer - Apparel
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Outdoor Research is seeking an experienced, Product Developer to join our Apparel Design. Our company's Core Mission is to provide innovation and inspiration for the relentless adventurer. Please visit us at www.outdoorresearch.com for more information.
To support the Technical Designer and Product Manager in the development of new products from initial design concept through to the final production tech packs.
- To establish detailed / accurate design & material specifications for all products
- To prepare and maintain seasonally accurate tech pack documents for every product in the line (Detail design sketches, materials part lists, measurement charts, sewing instructions, care/content details, packaging/hang tag/UPC coding info).
- To develop and maintain seasonally accurate style master file and costing information
- To critique all proto, sales, & pre-production samples against the tech pack specifications for fit, sewing quality, design accuracy, and functionality.
- To eliminate errors and delays by proactively communicating with contractors, Outdoor Research Purchasing department, and raw material suppliers during the entire development process.
- Submit, review, and approve all color lab dips.
- To complete the development of product specifications against the agreed design and development process and timelines on time, in full and accurate.
- Product Manager: To execute development of products based on the product brief, and target costing.
- Designer: To provide technical skill and resource to achieve successful development of the design idea for featuring, fit, fabrication, and sewing construction
- Pattern Maker: Co-ordinate on development of new patterns, and the fit review of all development samples
- Sample Sewer: Co-ordinate on review of in-house development samples
- Purchasing: To supply with relevant product specification, style coding, and costing information according to the corporate product development timeline.
- Marketing: Supply technical feature information for use in trade / consumer communication tools. Proof read for accuracy, for any on-product communication (e.g. hangtags, labels).
- Well organized
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate with ability to use Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Technical apparel / accessory creation skills
- Competent in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with PDM or related tech pack system (preferred)
- Understanding of the outdoor sports markets and trends
- Apparel / technical accessory manufacturing
- User / consumer level awareness of outdoor products
- Assertive / tenacious
- Self-starter / problem solver
- Strong attention to details
- Enthusiastic with a youthful mindset
- Able to work /communicate in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Technical training or factory experience in apparel / accessories product design / development
- Active in outdoor sports (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of related industry experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.