Retail Sales Specialist - Part Time
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
This role will assist in the operations of the one and only Outdoor Research retail store as needed during sales, special events and other busy seasons. Outdoor Research is an independently owned company staffed by people who truly love the outdoors and the outdoor lifestyle, and for the past ten years we've been one of the fastest-growing companies in the outdoor industry. If you'd like to get your foot in the door of a rapidly growing, privately held outdoor company staffed by true outdoors people and located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, apply for a job at Outdoor Research.
Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to OR operational policies, procedures, and safety rules.
Be available to work on-call during sales, special events and other busy times.
Assist customers in their buying decisions by utilizing the ‘4 Steps of Selling'
- Operate the cash register accurately.
- Participate in "Daily Tasks" assigned for each day of the week.
- Complete daily opening and closing duties
- Maintain appearance of the store
- Knowledge of entire OR line
- Knowledge of all product from non-OR vendors
- Provide ‘Legendary Customer Service' to every customer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to six months related experience and/or training in retail sales environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Personal knowledge of outdoor equipment through use as well as willingness to learn product information.
- Proficient in 10-key.
- Ability to maintain an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- Ability to work well with an ethnically and culturally diverse workforce and public.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.